After searching for almost all of three months it's finally paid off! I got a call back from one of the daycares I put an application into and I am now going to be working as a teaching assistant in the toddler room Monday thru Friday, 3pm to 6pm at the Early Education Private Preschool in Centerpoint.
My first day was great! As soon as I sat down all the kids came and bear hugged me. I can tell I'm going to enjoy this a bunch. I had forgotten how fascinating baloons are to little ones. There was this one child who kept wanting me to "bop" his. Apparently, he was very entertained by the fact that I could make it touch the ceiling. I am looking foward to many more days there spending time with these wonderful children. All of my coworkers were very kind, warm, and welcoming. I feel like I will fit in just fine. :)
Well, it's official! As of today I have gone one complete week without my braces. It feels WONDERFUL!!! Of course I've gone back to chewing gum like a chain smoker. :0 :0 But hey, I've had to do without for two whole years. :( I think my favorite part of having my braces off though, is being able to have popcorn again. I honestly though I would die everytime we went to the movies these last two years. The aroma was devestatingly tempting. Enough of my sob story, I hope everybody is doing well and I hope to see each of you whenever I can! :)
I told you in my last post that I was getting contacts. Well, I have been fighting with them for a week now and it is just not working out. I can get them out without any trouble, but getting them in is a completely different scenario. It looks like I'm going to be a "four-eyes" for good. Oh well. On the upside, I may be getting my braces off as early as next Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed!
Well, after a few months of easing my way in with comments on some of your blogs, I've finally decided it's time to update my own. School is going as good as can be expected :). I am hoping to have these notorious braces off by the summer if not sooner.
I may also be seeing clearer if my eye doctor still agrees to let me get my contacts this time. (I have an appointment with her tomorrow, so wish me luck, I've been wearing glasses since I was 8 and I will be happy to see them go!) I hope everybody is doing well.
On a separate note, Laura sent me this "Friends Survey". Fill free to copy it and pass it on!
1. What time is it ? 9:02pm
2. What's your full name ? Rachel Kathryn Bragwell
3. What are you most afraid of? Needles
4. What recent movie have you seen on bootleg? none
5. Place of birth? B-ham
6. Favorite food? chocolate cake
7.What's your natural hair color? brown
8. Ever been a Neat Freak? yes
9.Ever been skinny dipping? no
10. Ever love someone so much it made you cry? yes
11. Have you ever been in a car accident? Yes, but nothing bad
12. Croutons or bacon bits? definitely croutons
13. Favorite day of the week? friday
14. Favorite restaurant? cheesecake factory
15. Favorite Flower? violet
16. Favorite sport to watch? basketball
17. Favorite drink? Sweet tea
18. Favorite ice cream? Chocolate
19. Warner Brothers/Disney? Disney
20. Ever been on a ship? no
21. What color is your bedroom carpet? blue
22. How many times did you fail your driver's test ? I've never taken it; It's illegal for me to drive due to my epilepsy.
23. What do you do when you are bored? read, sleep, go on the internet, ask mom for stuff to do, or watch tv
24. Bedtime? when I have finished everything that has to be done for that day
25. Who are you most curious to see their responses? anybody and everybody
26. Favorite TV shows? I am a game show fanatic so wheel of fortune, jeporday, family feud, price is right, are you smarter than a 5th grader?, don't forget the lyrics, amnesia, but not that trash the moment of truth.
27. Last person you went to dinner with? me, myself,and i
28. Park or Zoo ? park
29. What is your favorite color ? purple
30. How many tattoos do you have ? none
31. How many pets do you have? 0
32. Which came first the chicken or the egg? The chicken
33. What do you want to do before you die? get married and have a family
34. Have you ever been to Hawaii? No
35. Have you been to countries outside the U.S.? yes. Canada
36. Time this survey ended? 9:18pm
Well, I finally got around to getting one of these things set up. How goes it with all of you people out there? Everything's great here. Just getting ready to start a new semester and hopefully do much better than the previous one. (I beg of you, don't ask.)
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a happy new year. I look foward to talking to all of you in the future. From what I've seen and heard, especially from Meredith, I think I am going to enjoy having another way to keep in touch with the people I love and wanna to be the closest to.
I wish you all of the best and I hope that you will do me the same. Most importantly, remember that I'm always here for you no matter what! Happy 2008! May the Lord bless you and keep you!