TURKEY BREAK TIME!!
i just finished my second test in two days!! its been a stressful past week.. with all of this studying that ive never done before in my life!! i never worked at it in high school and was a mostly a and b student.. number like 23 out of 180.. now all of the sudden i get to college and things arent soo easy anymore.. ive found that sometimes i am a really sllloooowwww learner.. it took me 2 years and half of a semester to finally realize how much good studying can actually do you! specially when ur grades are based on 2-4 tests!! anyways... im going to take my merry little self home and get ready for work!! then i have two days of nothingness!! not one but TWO!! like as in 1+1=2!! aww the joy... and i get to see my best two friends in the world!! not 1 but two!! as in 5%3=2!! ok.. im outta here!! later folks!!
sara wanted me to update... so i will..
welp.. as you do not know (unless you are sara), i have been really stressed out lately. ill just list the reasons and give a brief description...
1. i worked a 45 hour week( minus 2 hours 30 minutes for all the breaks) last week and will work the same this week. its long and tiring.
2. i am paying for college this semester instead of my parents.. so i am having to figure out how loans work and all that junk.. while working and going to school...
3. i am only taking two classes right now.. but they are both going to be really hard. one is calculus 3 (basically derivatives and integrals of 3-dimensional objects) and discrete math (basically what we are learning to do is calculate the run-time of programs.. well i think that that is what this class will mainly be about.)
4. i had been getting stuff ready for this house that me and a friend were moving into. i had to get water turned on there, find an electricity company and get electricity turned on, and find internet and get that in there. well i finally got all of that taken care of... and then this crazy aunt of mine happened to come into town and want to stay in that house (it is my grandpa's (who died) house.. and it is being probated right now.. and my uncle is the "executive" of the house and stuff). well she found my friend there asleep.. and she didnt know that we were going to be staying there because my uncle failed to mention that to her. so my friend woke up to her standing over him, yelling and cussing him out. we had the cops called on her because she was throwing my friend's stuff out in the yard. they came, they saw, and they said that we had the right to be there and told my aunt that if she set foot in that house again that she would be arrested and charged with burglary... so she left.. but since this is my crazy aunt whom we have no clue what she is capable of (my mom tells me a story of how she was cheating on this married old guy when she was in her 20s and how my aunt baked his wife cookies and laughed sorta wickidly about it), i decided it was best if we just moved out of the house. so now...i have to turn off the water again.. turn off the electricity and cancel the internet... haha!! i still feel really sorry for my friend.. he said "i always thought of the mcbroom's as a quiet, calm family"... haha.. well he met the black sheep in the family...
5. i was stressed up until last wednesday because i had a lesson to give for church. and i couldnt find anytime to write it.. but i finally did.. so all went well..
so thats why ive been stressed.. for now, though, ill just leave you with my lesson from that wednesday.
A little bit back, I happened on a conversation that my co-workers were having. They were talking about heaven and if you died, would you immediately go there or do you have to wait. The first guy says that you immediately go to heaven. The manager then says you have to wait. On the side, another co-worker says to me that God is just a myth. After she says that another guy comes up to the front and asks what the conversation is about and when someone replied “religion” he immediately turns around and walks back into the back. While this is going on, the main conversation changes and when I tune back into it I hear another manager saying “I believe Jesus Is the son of God and He will save me,” and walks away. Then, right when I was about to be able to say something, the conversation dissipated and everyone got back to work. Let’s take a moment to analyze this conversation.
First, there was the girl that thought that God was a myth. How anyone could believe that this were so, I don’t know. All you have to do is look around in the world to know that there had to be something that created it. Behind every beautiful painting there is a painter and behind every machine there is an inventor. We all know that nothing is more beautiful than watching a sunset or gazing up at the stars. There is no greater painter than God. I have always found it interesting that you can look up at the moon and no matter where you are at in the world you will always see something that resembles a face looking down at you. And there is no greater inventor than God. Who else could make everything work out just right? It’s interesting how we exchange the air we breathe for the air that trees take in and clean and give back to us. It is interesting how there are so many layers that protect us from asteroids and the sun’s rays and keeps the atoms floating in the air from floating away into outer space. how we are put at just the right point where we don’t freeze to death or burn alive. How could you not believe in God? David has something to say about this over in Psalms 86:8-10.
Among the gods there is none like you, O lord; nor are there any works like your works. All nations whom you have made shall come and worship before you, O lord, and shall glorify your name.
For you are great, and do wondrous things. You alone are God.
The second thing I wanted to talk about was the guy who walked away. It is sad that people do not want to know about God or run at his name. Timothy says something about people turning from the truth over in 2 timothy 4:3-4.
for the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves a teacher;. and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.All we can do for them is try to teach them the word and hope they have a change of heart.
The third part of this conversation that I want to talk to you about is the manager that said that she Believed in Jesus and that He would save her. This person was ignorant of God’s word. The Bible says something about this also over in john 12 40.
He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, so that I should heal them.
Or maybe she just hadn’t heard the Word. This brings me to the last part of the conversation where I did not speak up soon enough. As we all know in Mathew 29 18 it says
go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. To do this however we must ourselves have knowledge of the scriptures. over in 1 timothy 4:13 it says
till I come, give attention to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
Also we need to be sure that we are not ashamed of him. In 1 Tim 1:8 it reads
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God. I did not speak up in time in this conversation. All I can do is pray that I will have enough strength to speak up next time.
Tonight, though, you need to answer some questions. Have you turned your back on God and walked away? Are you being ignorant of his commandments? Have you fallen short in your life as a Christian? If so you need to figure out what you need to do and make your life right with God. If you need to come forward and ask for forgiveness or for the prayers of the saints or if you need to be baptized to become a saint, come as we stand and sing.
So i just got done playing around with some html.. and it was pretty interesting!!
I still have lots
to learn though... but oh well!! if ur interested in learning stuff like that you should go here.
Sara left at 1... I really cried..especially when I saw her get in the plane! But it was a good week! I can't wait til 4 months from now!! Big changes are coming!! and i was really happy yesterday! Sara was supposed to fly out yesterday.. and her flight was overbooked.. so she got to stay another day!! and the airline gave her $200 for her "inconvienance"!! But it truly was a great week! I am thankful to God for having it and for it going soo well!! We got some pics taken.. maybe Sara will put them up here... maybe... i gotta go mow a lawn! later!