woah. it's been too long. this time, i mean it! it's been what. way over a year?
it's kinda funny but i've been going back and rereading all my old posts. it makes me think of a lot of things, but two main ones:
1) how much i wish i still had a fun outlook on life. it's weird, but i feel like i was stronger, more myself, and more in love with love/life than i am now. i wrote better, i took better pictures, i think i may have even smiled more. i want to be like that again. to find that part of me again.
2) how different everything is! i live in a completely different place, have completely different friends, completely different interests, trials, and love interests. i feel like a completely different person than i was three years ago and i can't decide whether or not i like that. but hey, it's all a part of growing up, right?
we change, we grow, we mutate.
when i started this pleonast, i was starting a new path. maybe i miss the first steps of the path now that i'm miles from the start.
don't get me wrong. i'm happy. happier than i've been in a long time. things could be better, but things could always be better. everything works out for a reason, all of us have a place in God's plan and He knows what's best. it's about time that i lay it all in His hands and trust that i'll be okay.
ok. sorry. mini-tangent.
for some reason, typing into this box, it's kinda bringing my "writing senses" you know like spidey sense, back! hmmmmm.......
i love you guys!
don't expect another update soon :) we do have facebook, after all! i do keep up with you guys on there.
in a mass of 33,000 kids, how hard is it to run into one? yeah, pretty dang hard.
i love Mason. it's not everything i wanted, but it's amazing and i'm very grateful to be here.
so i just did!
Needless to say, Google didn't have a clue as to how to handle such a subject. I don't either.
So guys, I'm moving to Northern Virginia, probably somewhere between Springfield and Centreville. I'm excited. It's going to be great, you know, a new enviroment, no one at school who knows me, a clean slate, and a lifestyle of seeing the Powells, Jonas family, and friends from up there all the time at church and whatnot. This is a good thing. I'm happy. Getting really upset at how upset everyone here is. I knew it would be hard, but i had no idea how hard it was to tell Madison or Mrs. Patty, Joel and Amy, that we were leaving. I think it really hit me with that today at church. Tomorrow, the truth comes out at school.
Don't get me wrong. As excited and happy as i am for this move, which i've been wanting for SO very long, i am going to really miss everyone here at home in Alabama. But don't worry friends! I'll be back for some holidays and of course during the summer.
I don't know when i'll be leaving. Daddy leaves in about 3 weeks. His first day at Intersol is Sept. 13th. Fun stuff. Mom, Ben, and I are probably going to stay here until the house sells. So, if you know anyone looking for a nice, updated 4 bedroom, 2 bath house in Pleasant Grove, only 5 minutes or so from the NEW PGHS, hit us up. We're praying for a quick sell.
Anyways, give me a call or shoot me a comment or something. I love yall and will still be around!
again. it's time for an update.
i don't even know how to begin to describe the last two months. they've been somethin' that's for sure. now that most of the indecision and longing is put to rest, i thought i'd be happier than this. don't get me wrong, i'm very happy. insanely happy. confused and ... i'm not sure... but insanely happy at how much God has blessed me and my family.
i'm a senior for realz now. weird. but i typically enjoy my school classes, especially the part of hanging out in the library (where i totally fit in) for a whole two hours almost everyday. that's just how library aides roll. i've read more books in the past week alone than i have this whole summer. it's great :] plus, i'm understanding my math class so far. maybe precalculus won't be so hard after all.
college. college. college. in a way, i'm totally ready for it. excited for it. longing for it. and totally scared witless about it. you know how you're always dying to get somewhere, or something, or even someone, but when you do, you're scared to death and completely unprepared? yeah. that's pretty much how i feel about college. But hopefully, good ol' Mason will be as wonderful as i hope it will be.
i haven't slept through a full night since, like, Sunday. i keep dreaming about this stupid, roughed-up, inflatable raft just drifting in the middle of an ocean. it's driving me nuts, even though i know what the symbolism is. and it's unrational. it's stupid. as well as the other stuff that's been keeping me up at night. stupid stupid stupid. but luckly for me, i have the most amazing, true friends who will call and just talk to me about anything and everything that's bothering me. i love them more than anything for that. i'm praying for a full night's sleep tonight and for that stupid raft to just die already.
if you love me, make sure you check back on this blog either sunday night or monday. you'll understand then.
but i love each and every one of you. so very much. i know i don't update much on here or comment much on yall's posts, but i do take time to read and catch up on yall's lives!
how's everyone else been doing? :]
I haven't updated in two months...haha is it bad that i didn't even realize that it has been that long? I'll check this thing occasionally to see if anyone else has posted and it always escapes me that i never update. Like anyone really minds ... ;]
SO, things that have been up with me (why is it always a list?):
1) I'm a Senior now. Scary.
2) In case you haven't already asked me, which i think almost everyone i know on this planet has asked me, I want to go to George Mason University for their great English department or, God please forbid that i don't go there, I will probably go to ... ugh... UAB for two years and then to Athens' State!
3)Yes. GMU is out of state and i'm happy about that. Why do i get so much grief about it?
4) I want to be a high school level English Teacher, preferably 11th or 12th grade because i prefer to focus on lit. analysis and enjoyment rather than grammar. Then, one day, I hope to be a well-known author. Novels are in the works, but as long as i'm a hormonal teenager, they will probably continue to focus on a teenager's vision of life, love, and school. so, yeah.
5) I'm working a lot more now! I guess it's a good thing and a bad thing. Good = lots more money! yay! Bad = I hate pizza and the lack of being lazy :]
6) My evil boss, Tom, got fired! muahahhahahahaha! I weathered the storm and he got kicked out before i did! muahahhahaha. If you want more details, ask my Daddy. I think he enjoys talking about how the man who was going to recieve destroyed tires from him got fired haha. I love my Daddy.
7) Can i say, that, even though i'm not a big celebrity gossip person, i love the fact that Taylor Swift was all vicious about her breakup with Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, writing songs about him, talking bad about him, etc, until he wrote a song about her? lol It cracks me up for some reason. 'Much Better' is actually a pretty good song.
8) I have less than a month until my summer travels beginning! First, is a trip to Virginia to see my beloved Jonas family (no, they are not related to the above mentioned) and various other great friends. I'm going with Erin Dyle, so that's going to be one of the best adventures yet. :] I'm super excited.
Then, i come home for a week, work my booty off, i'm sure, before heading off to St. Augustine, Florida with my family and my Uncle Greg and Aunt Jenny and Reagan. FUN! It's my third time going there and St. Augustine is amazing.
9) I'm trying to think of something to make it go to ten...
10) OH! you guys know my funky toes? the ones connected on each foot? Well the other night at work, i dropped a cheesebread pan, those things are so heavy! at the base of my twin toes. It hurts still! bruised up and all, but since they're connected, i can't stretch and ease the tension out of them :[ not fun.
11) whoops! I love you guys. Summer rocks. I can't wait to see everyone. On to another two month wait for me to update!