I never get on pleo anymore. Is there anyone alive here?
I'm getting married to the beautiful, sweet, wonderful woman in my profile picture with me in 2 weeks! It's totally crazy, and the reality and proximity hasn't really hit me yet; the hectic craziness has.
It's hot. It's humid. It's manageable though. Can't complain. AC is great, and a luxury most people don't get.
Has anyone experienced Disc Golf? Wow. Fun. Could [mostly] replace my usual summertime pastimes. Yesterday I landed a disc 20 feet from the chains on my drive. The hole was a par 4, 370 foot hole. Dumped the disc right in the middle of the fairway. It was flat too... no bonus glide from a downhill play. Impressed? Don't be. Apparently the world record for a 13 year old is like 480 something feet. Wowzers!
BONUS: Story time...
- Initiation- I found a driver (disc) a couple years ago and never used it until I started playing, what? 3 weeks ago? I was playing with a high school buddy I bumped into on the course, and...
- Separation- ...managed to douse it in the water hazard on 7. Well, it bothered me a bit, since it was [technically] my first disc, and really friendly to throw. Too bad I didn't know to put my name and number on the bottom.
- Reunion- You guessed it. Went by Play It Again Sports a couple days later and spotted it almost immediately in the used discs basket. I bought it back for $3.99! I look on eBay only to find that it's an early and limited run disc worth $20-25. Sweet. It has "JR (615)692-9622" on the bottom now. :)
Had a great meeting at Westvue last week. Mark Mayberry's lessons were themed around "Milk and Meat". I was exhausted by the end of the week, and I don't even have to deal with getting children ready, and all that jazz.
Tell me that Buttered Popcorn isn't the best Jelly Belly flavor. You're crazy. It's hard to stop "popping" them, that's for sure. Thanks to Rach for buying me a little bag before she took off. That tiny little bag managed to last like 11-12 days!
If I don't put this somewhere, I'll entirely forget how I did it...
Stole this from another place, and I tried it. If you have a broadband connection and firefox... you gotta do it.
Speed up Firefox. If you have a broadband connection (and most of us do), you can use pipelining to speed up your page loads. This allows Firefox to load multiple things on a page at once, instead of one at a time (by default, it’s optimized for dialup connections). Here’s how:
* Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Type “network.http” in the filter field, and change the following settings (double-click on them to change them):
* Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
* Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
* Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to a number like 30. This will allow it to make 30 requests at once.
* Also, right-click anywhere and select New- Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0″. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.
Don't let him
tell you otherwise! =)
Here's my iBook Dashboard:
I love the Oxford English Dictionary widget!
And HERE... is my Desktop (PC) Widget setup:
Notice I can send text messages to cell phones using the Callwave widget. I'll admit... usually I don't have quite that many widgets running. I opened a few extra to demo the capability of Yahoo widget engine (formerly, Konfabulator). ENJOY!
Just had a really cool weekend up in BG hanging with friends (and family) old
and new (and neither-old-nor-new
). Had some unexpected coincidences too. Seemed like I was there for days.
-Settlers of Catan (I talked smack, guess I need to make good)