I have no been keeping in contact with many of you..and I'm sorry. I can't always get onto pleonast, so if you have myspace please find me on there.
I'm leaving in about four weeks for iraq! I'm super excited to go back to the same place I was in in 2005. It will be interesting to see the changes in the base, people, culture ect. I can't get pleonast downrange, and myspace is usually available, but no promises. If you want my personal e-mail just write and i'll give it to you.
Other than that not much since the last post. I survived both Airman leadership school, and combat skills training. Just trying to get ready for the quick holidays and pack my apartment up for 6 months.
Hope all is well with all of you!!
Enjoy your holidays!
okay so i have been in utah since june..and today is the first cold day...and on the same day it snows. no joke- yesterday i was in jeans and a tank, today freezing!!!
Anyways- what's new
~~I made Staff Sergeant!!! woo hooo Thursday I start my leadership training so i can be all supervisory like, put on my new stripe, and get more money WOO HOOOO.
~~The day after my graduation I'm going to Vegas for two weeks on TDY!!! YIPPY I looooooooove vegas and all the Cirque Du Sole' shows.
~~Then Jake gets here...FINALLY after 8 months appart :( --definately having a good thanksgiving around this time.
~~Go through Combat Skills training..boo on that in the winter time, but i get to play war and beat people with guns so it's cool!!!!
~~Hopefully- have a christmas in the states...and then it's off to the big sand box for round two!!!
I'm going back to the same iraq base I was before so no nervousness this time.
I'm also finaishing up my bachelors at Embry Riddle and will be working on some more school somewhere in the middle of all of this.
WOOOOOOOOO lots of stuff but for the most part I'm doing pretty good.
hope you all are great as well!!!
So I'm at my new home in UTAH!! WOW who would have imagined I would have ever moved out here...well i know at least one person that has been imagining it for awhile...and now THEY aren't here!!!!! That seriously needs to change.
SO my new home is pretty nice. The scenery is about the same as italy as far as mountains and weather, maybe a bit hotter here. Love my new apartment, and so far the people I work with are pretty nice too. The best part is that fridays are traditionally sushi day after work- so we go to a local japanese steakhouse...that is so awesome.
If any of you would like my new address please write me on myspace or through my email@example.com account. I don't use pleonast much anymore except for those few that refuse to convert over to myspace ;)
Let me know if any of you are possibly out in this area or headed this way anytime!
Peace love and elbow greace!!
So as most of you know the military is pretty hard up for money. I was hoping for a direct route from Italy to Utah... here is my directions on getting to salt lake city..
#37 is going to really be a doozie
10,770 km (about 31 days 1 hour) to destination.
1. Head north on Viale Giuseppe Mazzini toward Via Gildo Grandi 0.3 km
2. Turn right at SP24 5.9 km
3. Turn right at SS251/Via Maniago 1.3 km
4. Turn right to stay on SS251/Via Maniago 0.1 km
5. Turn right at SS251
Go through 1 roundabout 7.0 km
6. Slight left at Via Montereale 2.0 km
7. Continue on Largo San Giovanni 0.2 km
8. Turn right at Via Guglielmo Oberdan 0.7 km
9. Continue on Via Pola 0.8 km
10. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto SP35 1.1 km
11. Turn left toward A28/Autostrada Portogruaro-Sacile
Go through 1 roundabout 0.9 km
12. Merge onto A28/Autostrada Portogruaro-Sacile
Partial toll road 20.7 km
13. Take the E70/E55/A4 exit toward Venezia
Toll road 0.5 km
14. Merge onto A4
Partial toll road 399 km
3 hours 55 mins
15. Take the exit toward A26/Alessandria/Genova/A5/Aosta/Santhia'
Toll road 2.0 km
16. Merge onto A4/A5/E25/Raccordo Ivrea-Santhià
Toll road 22.9 km
17. Take the exit toward Ivrea/Aosta/T1/E27/T2
Toll road 0.5 km
18. Merge onto E25
Partial toll road 112 km
1 hour 12 mins
19. Continue straight onto E25/N205
Partial toll road 11.1 km
20. Continue straight onto E25
Partial toll road
Go through 1 roundabout 71.9 km
21. Take the exit toward Genève/Lausanne/Paris
Partial toll road 1.0 km
22. Merge onto A40/E21/L'Autoroute Blanche
Partial toll road 88.6 km
23. Take the exit onto A40/E21/L'Autoroute Blanche
Toll road 61.1 km
24. Take the exit onto A6/E15/E21/L'Autoroute du Soleil
Toll road 78.8 km
25. Take the exit toward Paris/Auxerre
Toll road 2.4 km
26. Merge onto L'Autoroute du Soleil
Partial toll road 302 km
2 hours 36 mins
27. Take the exit on the left onto Boulevard Périphérique/E05 7.8 km
28. Take the exit onto A13/E05/L'Autoroute de Normandie toward Versailles/Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines/Rouen
Partial toll road 115 km
1 hour 3 mins
29. Take the exit toward E46/E402/La Maison Brûlée/Le Havre/Caen 1.3 km
30. Merge onto A13/E05/L'Autoroute de Normandie
Partial toll road 31.9 km
31. Take the exit onto A131/E05 toward Le Havre/Fécamp
Partial toll road 15.0 km
32. Slight right at E05 (signs for N182/Le Havre/Fécamp)
Partial toll road 27.4 km
33. Turn right at Quai Colbert 0.1 km
34. Turn right to merge onto Rue Marceau 0.3 km
35. Take the ramp onto Quai Frissard 1.0 km
36. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto E05 0.9 km
37. Swim across the Atlantic Ocean 5,572 km
29 days 0 hours
38. Turn left at Long Wharf 0.2 km
39. Continue on State St 0.1 km
40. Turn left at John F Fitzgerald Surface Rd 0.7 km
41. Turn left at Congress St 7 m
42. Turn right onto the ramp to I-93 S/Quincy/I-90 W/Worcester 0.8 km
43. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-90 W/Mass Pike/Albany St and merge onto I-90 W
Entering New York 244 km
2 hours 26 mins
44. Continue on New York State Thruway W
Toll road 10.7 km
45. Take the exit toward New York State Thruway N
Toll road 35 m
46. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-87 N/I-90/Albany/Buffalo and merge onto New York State Thruway N
Partial toll road 582 km
5 hours 38 mins
47. Continue on I-90 W
Passing through Pennsylvania
Entering Ohio 163 km
1 hour 36 mins
48. Take the exit onto I-90 W toward Cleveland 28.7 km
49. Take exit 170B to merge onto I-90 W toward Toledo
Partial toll road
Entering Indiana 492 km
4 hours 40 mins
50. Take exit 21 for I-80 W/I-94/US-6/IN-51 toward Des Moines 0.9 km
51. Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-94 W/I-80 W/IN-51 and merge onto I-80 W
Partial toll road
Entering Illinois 271 km
2 hours 44 mins
52. Continue on I-280 W
Entering Iowa 42.8 km
53. Take the I-80 W/US-6 W exit toward Des Moines 1.3 km
54. Merge onto I-80 W 266 km
2 hours 26 mins
55. Take the exit onto I-80 W toward Council Bluffs/Omaha
Passing through Nebraska, Wyoming
Entering Utah 1,693 km
14 hours 24 mins
56. Take exit 124 for US-89/State St 0.3 km
57. Turn right at S State St 4.7 km
58. Turn left at E 400 S 0.2 km
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SOOOO FUNNY I love google maps... I'm glad the military isn't THAT hard up for money yet YIKES!!!!
Okay so i'm writting some friends online just chatting and one says: "so how long until you leave italy".. so i look over at my calendar... 1, 2, 3,..... 13
13? 13! 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh I only have 13 days left and SOOOOOOOOO much to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have to out-process, have my stuff packed up, have the rest picked up, mail last minute gifts home.... spend time with friends here....