This semester has gotten off to a great start, I'm on top of my classes, the amount of time sleeping has been cut in half (no exaggeration), and I'm fully overcommited. I only wish I make more time to read the bible and hang out with friends.
I love Tuesdays because I only have 2 classes.
So I guess this where I stop writing because I don't know what else to say...
In the original (Episode IV) Star Wars movie there is a scene where Han Solo swoops down in his starship and shoots the tie fighters that are following Luke Skywalker. This leaves Luke free to shoot his torpedoes into the exhaust port. Even before Luke does it, its pretty much given that he will be successful.
This is kind of how I feel right now... I'm almost done with my classes (one left) and all I have left to do is my finals and I'll be home free (quite literally). Of course I'll have to put out my best effort (like Luke), but as long as I do that, I'll have accomplished what I set out to do this semester.
It has obviously been a while.
That said, we will move on.
I read my mom's blog and it was kind of weird seeing all those people talk about me, with out me knowing... until now. So yes, I am a celebrity because of my extensive article covering my successful violin career down here at FC. Next edition will be my athletic, then academic, then social... haha
Some highlights of my FC life, not in any particular order
- I ran cross country - I was decent.
- Played in 3 music recitals - In a quartet, Solo with Piano, Duet, and Solo.
- My favorite one of those was the duet - I played Bach's Double Violin Concerto in D minor with Kate Bryant.
- Went to (un)banquet with Kayleigh Palmer!
- Ran the Ragnar relay - 192.8 miles across Florida, 12 guys, 3 legs each. We got 2nd place overall with and average pace of about 7:15 a mile.
- I have an awesome set of Suite mates: Cameron Aly is my roommate, Steven Livingston and Colton Watson are in the other room.
- We got our suite decked out for really cheep - Big screen tv for $100 via Craigslist, carpet, surround sound, 3 small refrigerators, and now Christmas lights in the windows.
- Saw John Mayer, Dave Barnes, Hanson, and OneRepublic in concert.
- Went to a Magic vs. Rockets game - Yao Ming is crazy tall.
- Became a member of the Brandon church of Christ
- Cooked scrambled eggs for myself and my suite mates
- Ruined 2 loads of laundry with one gel ink pen.
- Gotten spoiled by warm weather.
- Dressed up as a really scary zombie
- Joined Zeta Phi Epsilon!
- Went Boogie-boarding on some pretty waves.
- Received many more nicknames with "hig" at the beginning.
Time to go! Happy Thanksgiving!
It's almost time for school to start.
It's almost time for camp to start!