I'm throwing a baby shower for one of my SIL's, and since I'm the one throwing it......I was super excited not to plan on any super corny baby shower games. Well, it looks like there is some sort of revolt going on. I'm screaming in my head. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Baby shower games must die.
Okay, that's all. Go about your business.
..and were let loose in a school parking lot.
Last night we went to visit the Sunset Church of Christ. It was nice to see everyone, and see how much all of the little ones are growing up. They're all too cute! The kids, not the adults. ;-) Although Lindsay is pretty cute with that big belly.
So after services all my little monkeys decided to run around and embrace all the open space and freedom they had in the school parking lot. It was nice seeing them have so much fun. Not so much fun was seeing my nine year old pick up my four year old to help her slide down the banister above the concrete stairs. But all this activity reminded me that we really need to move out to the country. Growing up at Hagg Lake, I had 28 acres of space to run around, a barn to play in, a pond to catch salamanders or blue gill, bunnies to pet (that later would be on the dinner table), chickens to feed, baby chicks hatching, and if we felt like getting into trouble later, we would walk down to the lake. My kids have the smallest backyard and a very unsafe street. I feel very blessed that we have a home, Omar has a job, and I have a healthy family. But I can't wait to move somewhere the kids can have lots of space to run and have fun. I'm not a fan of the city life. My city boy husband is about 99.9% ready to move out of the city too. :D
......and was run over by all the wagons behind me!!!
No, it's not the wagon you're thinking of. It's the chubby girl wagon. Long story, but I'm back up to almost maximum density. So I created a LilySlim Weight Loss ticker for myself, and I'm going to do a weekly weigh in every Friday morning. I started last Friday, and I've lost eight pounds! Sure, mostly water weight. But this fat girl will take any movement from the scale, as long as it's moving down. And if I fall off the wagon this time, I'm bringing a shotgun with me. Sorry, but some horses will be shot. I'll need a few moments to hop back on my wagon. ;-)
My little brother Robert is home and safe! Can't wait to see him on Thursday! Served on the USS Harry S. Truman for seven long months, as a Navy Rescue Swimmer. I'm so proud of him!
1. Tambi is a boy's name.
2. I have Social Phobia (Social Anxiety Disorder), but these last two years it has been getting much better.
3. I'm a very good swimmer.
4. I love sitting in the sun.
5. The first roller coaster I rode was the Big Dipper, in Santa Cruz.
6. I'm afraid of sharks (thanks to my dad letting me watch Jaws, when I was ten).
7. I grew up living with my Grandparents.
8. In school people called me a Jap or chink. People thought I was at least half Asian. Psssstt....come closer.....I'm not Asian. :)
9. I never went to collage. My plan was to join the Navy after high school, but I got married instead. :)
10. I was 17 when I married Omar.
11. I was 19 when I gave birth to Said.
12. I don't believe in long engagements.
13. I love accents.
14. I wanted at least 8 kids....but Eva broke the baby factory...I don't see any more babies in my future.
15. I have a good sense of humor. Or at least I hope I do.
16. I love to sew, but can't sew a straight line to save my life.
17. Depending on which side of the family I go from, I'm only a second generation American.
18. I only speak English. With a few Spanish slang terms, nothing bad.
19. Someday I would love to move to Europe, just for fun. :) Spain is my first choice.
20. I'm closer to my Christian/Church family, than to my blood family.
21. I wish I could see my brothers more.
22. The older I get, the more I miss not having my sister.
23. I started getting white hair at 17. (thank's dad!)
24. I have dark green eyes, but none of my children do.
23. I have messy handwriting.
24. I have a very low tolerance to pain, but somehow was able to give birth naturally three times. Go figure.
25. I love long hair. I miss mine.
26. I hate wearing make-up.
27. I cry when I get mad.
28. I LOVE coffee. I drink at least two cups a day.
29. I've been a patient in a psychiatric ward. Don't worry....you all are safe around me......maybe. ;) Okay, so I was going to change this last night but forgot....I shouldn't have made fun of it, but me and my sense of humor forbids me from keeping even the most serious subject off limits.
30. I don't have any tattoo's.
Now, I have tagged all of you. :) I would love to read 30 random things about you all.
I updated #29 - I was going to change it completely, but I'm sure more than two people have read it. Plus, it's no secret. :)